Travelling in the Congo Basin is likely to differ from anything you have previously experienced. Tourism is very new to the region and so you will be able to proudly boast that you are among the first to arrive. But this does bring with it certain challenges! It is important to be an informed traveller.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Congo Gorilla Tours (hereinafter referred to as “CGT” throughout this document) participants, who are wholly responsible for arranging it themselves. Insurance should provide adequate coverage for medical expenses arising from illness or accident prior to or during the tour, including evacuation and repatriation in an emergency, and loss of tour monies through cancellation or curtailment of the tour for insurable reasons. READ MORE:
Good physical condition is required for travel to the Central African parks. When it comes to gorilla trekking, the habituated gorillas may be 30 minutes’ walk from camp or three hours. You will not know until you arrive at the starting point. In Nouabale-Ndoki National Park in Congo-Brazzaville, it is a two to three hour walk just to arrive at the starting point for a gorilla follow. READ MORE:
Facts for Operators
- This tour is based on double occupancy in the Congo Basin parks.
- Single rooms are available upon request in the parks, but may not be available.
- Nouabale-Ndoki National Park camps sleep a maximum of eight guests at one time.
- READ MORE
Guidelines for Forest/Gorilla Trekking
- Obey your guide at all times.
- Never step in front of your tracker or guide.
- Walk in single file in the forest and maintain a short distance from the person in front of you.
- READ MORE:
- Health Requirements and Conditions for a visit to Nouabale-Ndoki National Park, Republic of Congo
- CGT collects all health documentation and submits it to the park authorities 4 – 6 weeks in advance of tour arrival.
- All visitors have to follow the health protocol of NNNP. READ MORE:
What to Bring
A soft-sided duffel or backpack is far better than a hard-sided case. Bring along a smaller duffel as well and pack only what you need for the four days at Mbeli and Mondika Camps in Nouabale-Ndoki National Park. This is because porters are required to carry food supplies as well as visitors’ bags and weight is always a concern. READ MORE:
- Airline schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Current airlines serving Brazzaville (BZV):
- Ethiopian Airlines: daily: departs Addis (ADD) 09:20 am arrives Brazzaville (BZV) 11:40 am. This aircraft continues …. READ MORE
When to go
You can visit the parks all year round although there are distinct rainy and dry seasons. The dry season begins mid-November and lasts until May. The rainy season begins in earnest in June and lasts until mid-November. Some of the heaviest rain can fall August through September. This coincides with. READ MORE
Visas are required in advance for ROC, CAR and DRC.
CGT guests are furnished with letters of invitation which are required in order to apply for a visa from ROC, CAR and DRC embassies abroad. These letters of invitation are also shown to immigration officials upon arrival. READ MORE: